MBBS in Ukraine | MBBS in Mykolaiv | Study in Ukraine | Study in Mykolaiv | Education in Ukraine | Education in Mykolayiv | Black Sea National University | BSNU | BSSU | MBBS Admission in Black Sea National University | MBBS Fee in Black Sea National University | Direct Admission in Black Sea National University | Apply for MBBS Admission in Black Sea National University | How to Get Direct Admission in MBBS in Black Sea National University | Study in Black Sea National University | About Black Sea National University | Medical Education in Black Sea National University | Institute of Medicine in Black Sea National University | Institute of Engineering in Black Sea National University | Institute of Philology in Black Sea National University | Faculty of Computers Science in Black Sea National University | Faculty of Economics Science in Black Sea National University | Faculty of Law in Black Sea National University
The Faculty of Computer Science is one of the most progressive, innovative and dynamic faculties of the rapidly developing university. The Faculty of Computer Science was created in February 1996 to train specialists in modern areas in the field of information technology. The FCS formed a unique teaching staff: 11 doctors of sciences, professors, about 30 candidates of sciences, associate professors, a large number of teachers are practicing employees of leading IT-companies in Mykolayiv. Successful training at the faculty is facilitated not only by qualified scientific and pedagogical staff who have created their areas in scientific research, but also a proper educational and material base. These are, first of all, computer classes equipped with modern computer equipment. The education received at the faculty has an international level of competitiveness in many areas where information computer technologies are used. The value received at the Faculty of Education is recognized in Ukraine, in countries of Europe and America, which confirms a large number of graduates employed in these countries. A key feature of the FCS is the close interaction with leading IT companies in shaping the development strategy and organization of the learning process.
The state supports programmers!
In 2017, the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine increased the licensed volume of specialty 121 Software Engineering to 75 people for the BSNU. This is extremely important because IT specialties are among the most demanded in the labor market, and the demand for programmers is only increasing. The Department of Software Engineering provides the training of “clean” programmers (a complete software development cycle that covers all stages of the software development lifecycle from analysis and design, to the design and testing of software of any direction and purpose).
17 CAUSE TO INTRODUCE OUR FACULTY
- IT – the most promising industry;
- The best university;
- The best computer faculty;
- All necessary specialties;
- The most up-to-date training base;
- First job;
- The best graduates;
- Constant victories at contests;
- Student State Awards;
- Student internship programs;
- Connect with Europe;
- Top Teachers;
- Close cooperation with IT firms;
- Combining work with education;
- Specialized Academic Council;
- Active student life;
- No corruption.
5 main trends for IT education in Ukrainecommon for all universities and high schools. Here are they:
- Switch to the English language This is a sensitive problem affects many people prefer to speak Ukrainian (for many years our mother-language was unwelcome in many fields and now it eventually experiences revival). The rules adopted in the universities of Ukraine prescribe teaching in Ukrainian. Most students welcome this, moreover, they are very sensitive to the use of the Ukrainian language. But at the same time, our universities can not provide the appropriate education for foreign students. The solution for this issue can be found in the transition to English.
- The polarization Requirements for young children and schoolchildren are consistently declining, and future specialists are getting fewer competitive skills. This is one of two poles where the interests of the greater part of society are concentrated: most people do not see their children as scientists or in general people with brilliant knowledge. They will be satisfied, if in the future children can perform feasible and well-paid work, even staying on the third or fourth roles. Nevertheless, there is another significant part of society wants a different future for their children. Its representatives are ready to struggle for the level of universities in their homeland to rise to world standards. If the tendency to polarization will continue, soon we will have two parallel and polar educational systems. As a result, we might see the peaceful coexistence of universities that train specialists of fundamentally different levels. That can be observed in the West for a long time.
- Merging with the industry The IT industry of Ukraine is concerned about the outflow of young specialists to neighboring countries. This makes companies even more actively attract the students — the IT people of tomorrow. Therefore, the industry is trying to go to universities, offers its lectures and practical exercises. However, instead of new specialists, the industry will gain new experience for sure. The ability of IT engineers to teach is underestimated. The leading American companies have such a form of interaction with universities, as a review of code written by students in educational projects. This can be considered as a good practice for IT recruiting. But it will require major changes in the educational process. However, we believe that universities will soon cooperate with market participants.
- The remote education IT companies have dreamed of having universities offer more modern education for a long time. In other words, this modern education should provide students with the knowledge of the technology, so that they will have no need in further education after hiring. But this modern kind of education is not even foreseen in the Ukrainian universities: it will probably never be possible to teach the fast-moving technologies here. And this “dream” can be realized now only with the capability of a sufficiently mobile distance education, which can close the gap between fundamental university knowledge and those technologies the knowledge of which is demanded by the modern IT industry.
- Competitions in Programming Competing universities require obvious criteria for evaluating their own activities. By advertising themselves, they are forced to seek an understandable way of proving their worth in the whole (IT-) world. And a certain standard, which is distinguished by advanced universities, is participation in programming competitions. There is a worldwide trend in the growing importance of so-called olympiads. The success students obtain in these competitions is an objective confirmation of the IT professional training quality. Ukrainian universities already have successes at international olympiads: they are equal to the experience of leading universities. In 2017 the number of Ukrainian teams participating in international programming competitions reached 265. The attitude of IT companies to the competitions is also evolving. For several decades, the largest of them (IBM, Apple, AT & T, Microsoft, etc.) sponsored international tournaments. Recently, many companies began to make their own olympiads for students and young graduates. It’s enough to name Microsoft Imagine Cup, Intel Modern Code Challenge, Google Code Jam, Facebook Hacker Cup. Interest in the competitions is obviously growing, both from the universities and from the industry itself.
These existing trends can be considered as long-term. But the speed of Ukrainian IT education progress will largely depend on efforts of the IT companies operate in the market.