MBBS in Ukraine | MBBS in Mykolaiv | Study in Ukraine | Study in Mykolaiv | Education in Ukraine | Education in Mykolayiv | Black Sea National University | BSNU | BSSU | MBBS Admission in Black Sea National University | MBBS Fee in Black Sea National University | Direct Admission in Black Sea National University | Apply for MBBS Admission in Black Sea National University | How to Get Direct Admission in MBBS in Black Sea National University | Study in Black Sea National University | About Black Sea National University | Medical Education in Black Sea National University | Institute of Medicine in Black Sea National University | Institute of Engineering in Black Sea National University | Institute of Philology in Black Sea National University | Faculty of Computers Science in Black Sea National University | Faculty of Economics Science in Black Sea National University | Faculty of Law in Black Sea National University | History of Black Sea National University
The Black Sea National University named after Petro Mohyla is one of the youngest higher educational institutions in Ukraine. It is located in a place where, in 1862, the Emperor’s Decree was created by Nikolayevskaya Port Handicraft School. Since then, there have been institutions of education of different types.
The Revival of BSNU is part of the Renaissance of Ukrainian culture. So, on October 15, 1615, the noble girl Galshka Gulevichivna presented her estate to Podil in Kiev for the foundation of a monastery, a hospital and a school. Since then, this day is the foundation day of the Kyiv-Mohylyanska Academy.
The Kyiv – Mohylayanska Academy, the first university in Eastern Europe, was founded by St. Peter Mohyla, a prominent figure in the Orthodox Church and a reformer of education.
Petro Mohyla (1596-1647) – an outstanding religious, cultural and educational figure, one of the founders of the Kyiv-Mohyla Academy. At the time of the Renaissance, he formed the citizenship of the national languages, and cared about education equal to the European one. The activity of P. Graves in the field of education was aimed at elevating national consciousness.
The status of the Academy was awarded to the school in 1658. Many of the prominent figures of Ukrainian science, culture, and religion came out of her walls.
Subsequently, in 1817, by the decision of the Holy Synod of the Russian Empire, the Kyiv-Mohylyanska Academy was closed. In 1819 in the premises of the University was opened the Kiev Theological Academy, which lasted until 1918.
And only on September 19, 1991, the decree of the Chairman of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine “On the revival of the Kyiv-Mohylyanska Academy on its historical territory as the University of Kyiv-Mohylyanska Academy” (UKMA) was issued.
The official opening ceremony of the “Kyiv-Mohylyanska Academy” University took place on August 24, 1992. The Academy was restored as a secular educational institution. It has become a symbol of the revival of independent Ukraine.
In 1994, the institution obtained the title “National University”. The patron of the National University “Kyiv-Mohylyanska Academy” is the President of Ukraine.
In the first years of the re-opening of the Main University in Kyiv, we saw that it is possible to create a Ukrainian University that is open to new achievements of Western education. We continue to follow this tradition.
The revival of the Kyiv-Mohylyanska Academy in 1992 sowed hope among patriotically-minded Ukrainian citizens to establish higher education institutions of a new type. The first years of the university’s work have convincingly proved that in Ukraine, a high school institution can be created at a rapid pace, which combines the best features of higher education in Soviet times and the achievements of leading Western countries. An example of KMA has become a benchmark for the creation of the newest educational institutions in the regions.
At the same time, Ukraine’s acquisition of independence has led to significant changes in the infrastructure of the national economy of the Northern Black Sea coast. The focus on shipbuilding was insufficient; the region felt a significant need for specialists with higher education, primarily humanitarian. There was a considerable need for specialists in economics, foreign languages, law, ecology, political science, and computer technology. The training of specialists was supposed to meet current international norms and be carried out in the state (Ukrainian) language with complete mastery of English language.
The idea of the creation of the Mykolayiv branch of NaUKM appeared in the summer of 1995 among the teachers of the Ukrainian State Marine Technical University, who felt that only technical education for the region was already not enough, despite the fact that there was a pedagogical institute and a branch of the Kyiv Institute of Culture. Previous talks on the creation of a new university began in August of the same year with the then Mayor of Nikolaev O.Ya.Bardnikov, Deputy Governor of the Regional State Administration A.D.Koval, Director of the plant named after them. 61 commune VO Lavrinenko, head of the Mykolayiv Regional People’s Movement of Ukraine Yu.V.Didenkom. The leadership of the oblast state administration, the regional department of education and the city supported the idea of establishing a Mykolayiv branch of the National University “Kyiv-Mohylyanska Academy”. He gave his consent to the allocation of the premises for the training building director of the State Enterprise “Zavod named after 61 Communard “D.O. Chernenko, appointed to the post in August of that year.
On August 30-31, 1995, the first official documents appeared: a letter of education management signed by his then chief Ya.I. Zhuretsky and deputy head of the city executive committee I.A.Meizs to the president of NaUKMA V.S. Bryukhovetsky on the establishment of a branch.
An organizing committee was set up to open a new university. Originally planned to give him the name “Academy of Management, Economics and Law”. The committee on a voluntary basis consisted of L.P.Klymenko (chairman), O.P.Movtnovinov (deputy chairman), G.L.Nord and G.V.Kotsyur. The work began with the study of the specific needs of the personnel of the region and the city, the availability of the staffing capacity of teachers and specialists. The justification was made, work on statistical materials was underway.
On October 23, 1995, a meeting of representatives of the city leadership, institutions, press, and direct organizers took place in the premises of the present branch. The meeting confirmed the idea of creating a new higher educational institution in Mykolayiv. It was considered his concept, prepared by Professor S.M. Solovyov.
Work began with the creation of a regulatory framework. The development of the business plan was carried out by O.P.Montininov, marketing design – G.L.Nord, technical and economic calculations – M. M. Chorny. All works were performed free of charge, on a voluntary basis. In January-March, V.V. Dragomirov, V.M. Bandura, Yu.A.Batrak, Yu.U.Verlanov, O.M. Trunov joined the work.
On January 17, 1996, NaUKMA hosted the Academic Council, which considered the creation of the Mykolayiv Branch, attended by L.P. Klimenko, O.P.Montininov, V.V.Dragomirov. The Scientific Council unanimously approved the business plan for opening a branch and its charter. On the basis of the decision of the Academic Council, the president of NaUKMA issued an order on January 17, 1996, to open a branch and appoint the acting rector L.P.Klymenko. On January 31, the Mykolayiv City Executive Committee officially registered a new university.
Preparation of materials for licensing and the Cabinet of Ministers Resolution on the opening of a branch began. A great work was done by the deans of the faculties Yu.A.Batrak, Yu.U.Verlanov and V.V.Dobrovolsky. V.M.Yeemelyanov, People’s Deputy of Ukraine, provided enormous assistance in licensing and adopting a resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine. On June 13, 1996, the State Tax Inspectorate made a decision to issue licenses to the Ministry of Education and Science of NaUKMA for economics, computer science and ecology with the total number of 175 people.
On August 30, the solemn opening of the Mykolaiv branch took place. Mykolaiv Ukrainian Drama Theater and Musical Comedy has prepared a special program for dedication to students. Director of the theater M. Berson and the main director O. Ignatiev personally took part in the play.
During 1996-1998, it was possible to create conditions for the educational process. The premises were renovated, the heating systems started, the furniture for the offices and the auditorium was purchased, and the necessary textbooks and manuals. The laboratories of physics, chemistry, ecology, electrical engineering are created.
The sports hall is renovated. Three computer classes are equipped with state-of-the-art equipment. Computers are networked and connected to the Internet. The printing equipment was purchased, an editorial and publishing department was created.
In 2000, the first issue of bachelors from the following specialties was carried out:
- intellectual decision-making systems;
This enabled them to successfully obtain accreditation from these specialties at the level of the bachelor’s degree. In 2001, the first issue of specialists from the above-mentioned specialties and the second issue of bachelors were carried out. In the same year the branch received accreditation from these specialties at the level of specialist.
March 13, 2002 was issued by the order of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine No. 112-r of March 13, 2003 “On the Establishment of the Mikolayev State Humanitarian University named after Petro Mohyla” of the Kyiv-Mohylyanska Academy complex. As a result, the creation of the Kyiv-Mohylyanska Academy Educational and Scientific Complex took place, ie the conclusion of a memorandum of understanding between the president of NaUKMA – VS Bryukhovetsky and the rector of the Petro Mohyla MSHU – L.P.Klymenko and the approval of the “Regulation on the educational and scientific complex” Kyiv-Mohylyanska Academy”.
To the BSNU, teachers and university enthusiasts were even more enthusiastic. Among the students there were representatives of not only the Black Sea region, but almost all regions of Ukraine and even Kiev. Foreign students began to study, the faculty was headed by professors and doctors of sciences. Its institutes, scientific schools and centers, specialized councils for the defense of dissertations began to open. At the pace and scale of the development of the Petro Mohyla MSHU began to grow up. In fact, the university has become multidisciplinary. At the Humanities University, doctors of technical sciences began to receive patents annually for inventions. In addition to purely humanitarian specialties at theBSNU, the issue of bachelors and masters in law, finance and credit, ecology, environmental protection and sustainable use of natural resources, computer sciences, computer engineering, instrument making, etc. has expanded. Therefore, the proposal of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine, agreed with the Mykolayiv Regional State Administration, and the change of status of the Petro Mohyla MSHU, became logical.
December 10, 2008, according to the order of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine No. 1521-r, the Nikolaev State Humanitarian University named after Petro Mohyla was reorganized into the classical Black Sea State University named after Petro Mohyla.
To ensure an international standard of education, the university maintains permanent and strong links with various international organizations and overseas universities. The practice of inviting leading foreign scholars to teach at BSNU and expediency of our students and teachers at foreign universities is expanding.
The organization of student life is through self-government. The student college helps yesterday’s schoolchildren to organize their life, leisure, and solve emerging conflicts.
The basis of the research work of the Black Sea National University named after Petro Mohyla is based on our national experience, in particular the philosophical concept of Peter Mohyla – an organic combination of scientific and educational activities. Scientific research is carried out in accordance with the approved by the Academic Council and the approved rector program.
Despite the young age of our institution, our university has already become one of the most influential institutions in the southern region. This is the only Ukrainian classical type university in the Southern region, where Western pedagogical technologies are widely used in conjunction with national traditions (Liberal Arts Education). We are trying to attract all the new educational technologies and principles of university management.